Friday, September 16, 2011

The Hunger Games.

Let me start by saying - I am obsessed!

I came across The Hunger Games last week and have already finished the first book. I am currently reading the second one, but I will share that once I am done with it. Since I loved the book so much, I decided to copy and edit Wikipedia's description of it so that I do not spoil it too much!

" The Hunger Games is a young-adult science fiction novel written by Suzanne Collins. It is the first book of the Hunger Games trilogy. It introduces sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives in a post-apocalyptic world in the country of Panem where North America once existed. Panem consists of a wealthy Capitol and twelve surrounding, poorer districts. The Capitol holds all the power. In the book, the Hunger Games are an annual televised event where the Capital chooses one boy and one girl from each of 12 districts to fight to the death. The Hunger Games exist as a punishment for a previous rebellion against the Capitol by district 13, which is now destroyed. The participants, or "tributes", must fight in a dangerous, outdoor arena, controlled by the Capitol until only one remains."

Although it sounds violent, mean, out of this world... etc, I loved the intensity of this book. I fell in love with Katniss for her heroic, brave and caring personality, and am already in love with the second book. So i definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment