Wednesday, May 30, 2012

DIY Plastic string bracelet.

Lately I have been feeling creative and up for do it yourself projects. I have seen so many of these bracelets online and I must admit I never thought I would find a purpose for plastic string. These bracelets are adorable and I thought to give it a try and make my own. First, I had to find plastic string, which you can find online anywhere but I bought a pack of various colors at a near dollar store. Then I had to learn how to do "Cobra" stiching and then the "King Cobra" stitching. Tutorials for these forms of stitching can be found here and here. Then, I found a few pieces of jewelry I had that I did not use anymore, such as a long necklace that I broke to get the metal piece you see in the mint colored bracelet. After that, it's stiching away and connecting pieces to obtain a bracelet look.

Here is the end result for two different bracelets I made:






No comments:

Post a Comment