Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

In 2008, I watched a movie called "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" which is based on a best seller book by the same title. Set during World War II, this tale tells the story in the point of view of a German boy who becomes friends with a Jewish boy. The movie was captivating and left me wondering how incredibly hard life must have been for these people back then. A while passed, and recently I decided to pick up the book and give it a chance. Usually, I do not read books after I have watched the movie, but since it was such an interesting story, I broke this rule. A few days ago I finished reading it and it did not disappoint me. As usual, the book was much more detailed and enchanting than the movie was; however, I found the ending to be somehow puzzling and without the amount of explanation I would like to have received. Since I had seen the movie, I knew exactly what was happening, but I realized that for someone who did not watch it, the ending was a little vague. As a result, I am glad I watched the movie as well as read the book and would recommend this story to anyone who likes to read about people's struggles and the history or our world. Nevertheless, the fact that it is in the point of view of a young boy is entertaining and lets you navigate through the story with an innocent eye and without judgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment