Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Marble Nails.

Here I am again with another nail post. I cannot help it but always have nail posts since I do them every week and am always trying to experiment with new things. This week I did the water marble nails. My dear friend Britney sent me a link with a step-by-step explanation on how to do them and I could not wait to try. I had previously purchased a color that I had been wanting for a while but could never find it in stores. I am very picky with blues and greens when it comes to nail polishes because I always feel like blues make me look like an alien; however, this polish, called "Turquoise & Caicos" by Essie, is the perfect light turquoise and has become one of my favorites.

I followed the exact link Brit sent me and watched a few videos before starting it.
Click here for Brit's link.
Click here if you want to watch a video on how to do marble watermark nails.

A mistake I realized I made too late was that I only used one drop of each polish. I noticed after watching some more movies that the end result looks better if you repeat the color a few times or you might not get some colors on your nail. Also, I wish I had made a better pattern, I was not too worried about what it would look like and did not want to mess up the polish so I only ran the stick through the water about two times. Next time I plan on mixing the colors perfectly so that when I dip my nail in a particular area, it will obtain all the colors.


These are the colors I used in this order: a regular black from ELF, a white from L.A. Colors, Essie Turquoise and Caicos, Essie Lapis of Luxury and OPI Suzi skis in the pyrenees.

I was a little too lazy to repeat the steps on all my nails so I decided to try on just one and see how I like it.

My left hand.

My right hand.

As you can see the black was almost nonexistent. On my left hand, you can barely see the white, and on both hands, the blue is also very subtle. The patterns turned out very different which was due to me not making similar patterns on the water and also by not dipping the finger on the same spot. Regardless of these "accidents" I still loved the end result. It does not bother me that they look different because I think it gives a unique interesting look to each. They look great and I cannot wait to try them in all my fingers (although I do like the idea of just on one, otherwise I think it might be too much for my taste!). Next, I plan on trying this water marble technique again but with muted colors!!!


2 comments: