Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Room.

Usually I make a book post right after I finish reading a book. Since I am always reading, there is always a post to be made. Right now, I am reading a very good book and I will be posting about it as soon as I finish. However, a little while before opening my blog I finished reading "Room". Even though this would break my book post rule, I could not help it but share this incredible book here. "Room" was one of the best books I have ever read. This novel is told by 5 year old Jack who has been held captive in a room with his mother since his born day. The author mentioned that this novel is based on the famous Fritzl case, which makes it more real to the eye of the reader. These violent psycho incidents happen much more often than we would like to point out, but it is very good for us to be well informed of what happens in these situations. I am a firm believer that, if you have knowledge on these stories, you might be able to help someone one day if ever faced with the circumstance. This particular book is unique because Jack is not very sure of what the world really is. His world constitutes of his mother and this room. I would recommend this novel to anyone, even people who do not like to read about violence. It is not very violent and it is really interesting to see how a 5 year old would think and react. I already want to read this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment