Table manners you need to know:
- If you are the recipient of a toast, keep your glass at arm’s length—never drink from it. Instead, simply nod your head and graciously say, “Thank you.”
- Never take your cocktail to the dinner table.
- Allow your food to cool on its own—never blow on anything.
- If you wear lipstick, keep it off your plate and napkin by blotting it as soon as you apply it.
- Your napkin is there for you to dab your mouth only. Do not use it to wipe off lipstick or (God forbid) blow your nose.
- Don’t put your purse, keys, sunglasses, or eyeglasses on the table.
- Take food out of your mouth the way it went in. If a piece of steak fat went into your mouth with a fork, spit it out onto the fork.
- Remove an olive pit with your thumb and index finger.