Monday, May 21, 2012

DIY Braided bracelet.

A while ago I started seeing these cute chain bracelets that had thread braided through them. I thought I could definitely use this as a do it yourself project because it looked easy and doable. So I went to the dollar store and bought a chain. The only thing they had available was one of those pants chains boys use on their jeans, so I had to break the chain into the size I needed and add the clasp, so it is much easier if you already have a chain bracelet and want to give it a new look. I found a tutorial with steps on how to braid it here.

I picked a pastel pink and a bright orange to make sure the colors were good for the summer. Make sure that you cut the thread very long because as you braid it will get shorter and a had to do it over because I ran out of thread.

Here is the end result, which i absolutely love:



1 comment: