Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Running with Scissors.

I have recently finished a book called "Running with Scissors", which is the memoir of Augusten Burroughs. The author tells his childhood story where his insane mother sends him to live with her psychiatrist and his family. Every character is completely bizarre but entertaining at the same time. This book has been popular for a few years but I had never thought about picking it up until recently when I ran out of books to read and did some research that left me with a long list of future reads. So, upon picking up this book, I was a little concerned because recently I have been reading a lot of "based in true stories" books about child abuse. Consequently, I end up having bad dreams at night and being concerned with children who suffer from these abusers. This is why, while following the Casey Anthony's case, I was sick to my stomach. But I refuse to talk about this on my blog, since it is so controversial and I am very opinionated about it. Anyway, "Running with Scissors" turned out to be one of the best books I have ever read. Most, including me, would say that this book is incredibly sad; however, I found it to be amazing. Each character brings a point of view and a different craziness to them. I am currently reading another book, but after, I am hoping to read Burroughs' other memoir called "Dry". I will let you all know what happens in my reading journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment