Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Catching Fire & Heaven is for Real.

I have been reading a lot lately, and cannot help but share with you the books I finish reading since, so far, I have only picked good stories. This time, I am combining two books in one post in order to not bore you with too many book posts!

First I have the second book to "The Hunger Games". This one is called "Catching Fire" and it was a great second book to follow its previous. I am currently reading the third (and will share my opinion with you when I am done) and I can truly say that the first two books (so far) are the best in this trilogy. Catching Fire follows the plot of Katniss Everdeen's life in Panem. If you enjoyed my post on The Hunger Games (here) and decide to read it, make sure to have Catching Fire lined up because you will want to pick it up as soon as you put the first book down.


My second book is "Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo. This is a true story of a 3 year old boy who, during a complicated surgery, goes to heaven and meets Jesus. When back awake, Colton is able to tell his parents his journey in Heaven and everything that he has discovered. I must confess that, although growing up Catholic, I have not been to church in a while and am not sure I believe everything the Bible says. However, this story is catching while comforting you about death and the life after it. I enjoyed this book a great deal and cannot believe that a little boy was able to be so smart and detailed about his journey. It is a short read, so even if you are not into religion, I still recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment